Sunday, April 17, 2022

Letter No.7

Stolas, my dearest,

The first thing I did in the store was to tell my assistant that Stella will come today too. I had no idea when she'd want to come, but I had to tell my assistant, that no matter who else is in the saloon, they'd have to take over the other client for me, since my sister only wants to work with me, because she can't trust anyone else.

I could imagine only two options: she'd come right in the morning, to be the first client of the day, or she'd get a proper beauty sleep, and only come in the afternoon. Well, she wasn't the first one. After we finished with 7 clients, 4 of them were brides, and we started the 8th client - you wouldn't guess, but also a bride, my sister finally arrived. I already had the sketch prepared, that I drew for her. She came with some pictures of what she had in mind, but when she looked at my drawing, she changed her mind immediately and wanted the dress I drew for her. I brought some dresses for her to try on, which were pretty similar to the sketch in some way, so she could imagine the dress on herself. She tried on every dress I gave her, and also every other style too, to make sure she'll have the perfect dress. My assistant had to deal with 4 other clients during Stella's visit. She just never understands that I have other clients too, and I have to be with them too. So 10 minutes before closing the store, she finally chose the dress I sketched for her, gave me some other details she wanted me to add or change, and she let us take her measurements to start making the dress. She didn't know yet when the wedding would be, but she wanted the dress as soon as possible, so we could improve the details and make sure everything's perfect for the big day.

I won't describe what the final drafts looked like, because it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride's dress before the wedding. And I know you're pretty good at imagining outfits, since you know me very well and I've told you so much about dresses, and I showed you a lot of dresses too. I know you won't see this letter either - hopefully, but I'm just trying to make sure not to ruin your marriage. She told me that money doesn't matter in the making of the dress, but I really hope she'll pay for it, and she won't just say well, it stays in the family, right? No, it doesn't. Our family doesn't produce raw material for my business. They don't help my business in any ways. So I hope she doesn't expect a free 50 000 Mammon-dollar worth of dress from me. 

After she left the store, I put her order to the urgent orders, and served the last customer too. I apologised to my assistant for Stella's behaviour and for them having to serve the customers alone half the day. They said no problem, but I felt guilty, so I told them they get tomorrow as a paid work-free day. I locked the doors after putting everything to its place, and I headed to the closest pub to grab a drink. Saloon Uncensored was known for its strippers in the secret rooms. But this time I wasn't in the mood for any of those shows, so I just sat to the bar and ordered their darkest cocktail, a Black Devil Martini. Thank Lucifer, noone I knew came there tonight, so I could drink that in peace. I mean I could've, but my thoughts just couldn't chill. I was thinking about taking a longer way home, passing by your house. But I realised that it would be a terrible idea, because seeing you, or your place would just break my heart even more. And I just could not handle it today. Stella told me more than enough details about you, the proposal and her plans for your honeymoon. She wants to use your teleporting powers to go to Hawaii or some that kind of nice island on Earth. Now that these thoughts came to my mind, I realised that I'll need a Dark and Stormy rum cocktail, before I left the bar for the night.

After my second drink, I paid and left. I was not really in the mood to walk all the way up to my castle, so I ordered a taxi and told the driver to bring me to the Windy Tips. From there I tried to ice skate to the palace as fast as I could, but it felt like ages til I got there. I went straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of rum, and asked the chef what he made for dinner. Thankfully he made some of my favourite meals, and some blackberry cake for desserts. Even though I felt pretty full after that dinner, I looked for some ice cream in the freezer. I found only a chocolate chip-mint one, so I sat down to watch your favourite telenovela eating that gross ice cream. I hate mint, but I forgot to tell Sergio what kind of ice cream I want them to buy, so they bought this, because the cashier thought everyone loves chocolate chip-mint Ugh. They definitely have never met me. And your telenovela, my dark lord? I can't have worse luck... Today's episode was about a wedding. I'll probably have to remove wedding dresses from my store's offer. I just feel like I could vomit every time someone mentions weddings, bride, groom, husband, or anything marriage related. Maybe I didn't even want to marry you. But I'm pretty sure I want to spend all my life with you. Not as just a brother-in-law. As the love of your life. Because that's who you are to me. The love of my life. My soulmate. Maybe you'll never understand, but I'm almost a 100% sure that I won't ever find anyone I could love at least as much as I love you, and anyone who could make me feel the way I feel with you. You make me feel worthy. Yea, sure, I act confident and I act egoist, I act like someone who loves themself, but little do you know. I hated myself before you. You made me realise that I'm worthy of love too. I deserve love too. I deserve to be cared about. I deserve happiness. It's a little ironic that you showed me these, but now you're pushing me back to that dark pit of self-hate and depression.

I hope one day we'll have the chance to be together again.

Always yours,
Andrealphus ❄️

No comments:

Post a Comment